TEXAS UNSCHOOLERS CONFERENCE
April 23-27, 2015
HILL COUNTRY COTTAGE & RV RESORT — NEW BRAUNFELS
See the 2015 Conference Links section for more details
Join Texas Unschoolers as we celebrate our Second annual campout/conference in the beautiful Hill Country of Central Texas! Last year’s conference was such a blast! We hope that YOU can join us this year at our new venue in New Braunfels.
The mission of this conference is to bring Texas unschooling families together in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Join in on all of the activities or relax on your porch and take in the beauty of the natural surroundings with your family.
This conference is sure to be a Texas Sized celebration of our unique and shining selves. Make new friends or reconnect with old ones. Gather around the campfire and gain new perspectives or share your knowledge and wisdom about life, learning and walking the path of unschooling.
We have special lodging prices available to conference attendees only! Be sure to check out our lodging page to choose your “home away from home” for the conference. Cabin and RV options are available.
Registration for this event begins November 1, 2014. Conference fees will be as follows:
November 1 through January 31: $180 per family/$70 Individual
February 1 through March 31: $225 per family/$85 Individual
April 1 through April 19: $250 per family/$100 Individual
Volunteer opportunities coming soon for those that wish to offset their registration fees! Check back November 1 to see the volunteer opportunities, registration page and more information about the conference.
Here is just a sampling of the activities planned for the 2015 Texas Unschoolers Conference:
- Listen and interact with knowledgable speakers
- Texas sized Sock Hop and pot luck
- Pancake Breakfast
- Talent Show
- Morning Yoga
- Sand Volleyball
- Nerf Gun Battle
- Swimming (Indoor and Outdoor Pools available) with hot tubs and sauna
- Market Days & Music (peddle your wares — kids and adults alike)
- Gaming Center – 2 Pool tables, Table Tennis, Foosball, shuffle board, Wii and Playstation, coin operated games such as Pac Man.
- Face Painting
- Fashion Show
- Texas Sized Cookout
- Jumping Pillow
- Jump Pad
- Fitness Center
- Teen Activities (12 and older) – Pizza Pool Party, Evening Teen hang out area (snacks provided), Anima Movies, Gaming discussion groups
- Good possibility (not yet guaranteed) we may be having a screening of the new movie, “Class Dismissed” with discussions afterwards
- Fun Shops – Crafts, Art workshops, etc.
- Coffee Chats/Afternoon Chats
- A Dad’s perspective – A Dad’s unschooling discussion group
- Each registrant will receive access to the recorded conference talks!
- We are going to try and set up a child care center for select hours during the conference. Not sure on this yet, but we are trying to make it happen!
….And a whole lot more! Looking forward to seeing y’all there!